
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)I did several days of research before deciding to buy the GHD Purple Limited Edition Styler set. I had read that GHD is the number one hair iron in Europe and was slowly becoming more popular in the U.S. The Sedu Revolution was a close second, but for monetary purposes and of course, because this styler came with other goodies that were also purple, this won. My set arrived in the GHD box pictured with tags on the travel case/bag and also came with instruction & safety manuals for both the styler and dryer, plus an instructional dvd on using them to create various styles. The hair clips it came with are smaller than I thought they would be (maybe 3 inches long), but have their own zippered compartment they are kept in and where you can also store other hair clips, bands or small accessories. The dryer (which does fold!) and the style iron have their own zippered compartments too that you can detach/attach via velcro.
One thing to note for the hair dryer though is that it has a rather short cord (maybe 2.5ft?). You would definitely need to be plugged into an outlet higher up, like by the bathroom sink, so that you can blow dry your hair without having to sit on the ground or grab an extension cord. Also, it only has two settings and doesn't get too hot. This works well for me as I only use the dryer to briefly blowout & fluff up my hair. But if you need it to dry your hair from start to finish, purchase another one for that purpose.
The flat iron/styling iron, is definitely very cute. It has a swirly purple/white pattern all over it and a nice long swivel cord. It has an indicator light and beeping tone to let you know that it's plugged in and then will beep again so you know the iron is ready to use. There is no gauge/dial to adjust the heat, it is what it is and has an on/off switch [all located on inner side of iron]. The plates are smooth and don't seem to snag/catch my hair like another iron I had bought (something to use while I waited for this iron to arrive) and it's easy to wipe clean when cooled down. The manual also says it has an auto-shut off mechanism when the iron hasn't been in use for 15 minutes. The cord is very long, so no worry about being too far from the outlet and it swivels. The iron doesn't have any grip-page though when you're holding it and since your hand can get warm from using the iron, it could slip. I just periodically wipe my hands off on a hand towel and that solves that problem if it's ever that warm (temperature wise in my house - the iron stays cool).
The carry case all these items come in is cute. It has a handle, as you can sorta see in the tiny pic provided. there are other sites where you can get better images/looks at the set, go to [...]. But be forewarned, the colors are much darker than they appear in the pictures. From photos I had seen the purples were vibrant and fun, the actual colors are much more subdued and more of a merlot/mauve tone. That is where my minus 1 star is from, I would do a half a star off if I could, but 1 it is. I also forgot to mention that the hair clips & hair dryer both are coated in some sort of satin-rubber, which makes them easy to hold and soft to the touch.
Hope this review will help some of you make a decision about what iron you want to get. Definitely happy with and am loving my GHD Styler so far. Will post any updates as time goes on.
Click Here to see more reviews about: LIMITED EDITON GIFT SET PURPLE ghd
The ghd professional styler is all you will ever need to create perfect curls, movement, volume and straight styles!Gift set includes:limited edition purple IV styling irontravel hairdryerheat resistant travel roll bag2 clips
Click here for more information about LIMITED EDITON GIFT SET PURPLE ghd

0 comments:
Post a Comment